Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Zombie Time!

Finally!! I've been promising it for a while and I finally found a way to get it to work. So here it is: All the zombie videos we made! Works for me, so hopefully it will all work for you. I suppose I could give some background. Over the course of about a year, many people helped make a zombie movie. It kept changing but we kept filming, and eventually it died. This is what Scott Clarke and I finally put together in the end, although it belongs more to Scott than it does to me.

The times making these movies, and the movies for Olde Zoobynews, were some of the best I had at BYU. Good times. And MARCH MADNESS!! GO BYU!

Unfortunately, some of the scenes were lost in a Mac hard drive crash... twice. Scott has the raw footage somewhere. Still, this was what we came up with after deciding that, while this is not the "definitive version", we needed something to show everyone so that they could see what a year's worth of hard work went into (seriously, I'm amazed at how many hours so many people put in). So while further versions may still happen eventually, this is just to tide us all over until then. Enjoy.

First, the Trailer:


Night! As the zombie apocalypse reaches Provo, our brave hero returns for his ex. Occasionally seen are other people in vehicles trying to outrun the apocalypse.

Starring and Asenath Rallison, with Cavan Helps, Scott Black, Kevin Black, Mary Wagers, Emily Mathusek, Mike Law, W. Alexander Haig, Hannah something, Steve McFarland, Steve's friends, Paul Olson, Susan Kearl, and a few whose names I'll get later and update here.



Day! A few years later on the outskirts of Provo, a group of survivors has fortified themselves in the Provo Amphitheater. Two guards protecting the entrance spot a nearby group of zombies hungry for brains.

Starring Seth Huyett, Crazy Pirate Zombie Dude, Kevin Black, Scott Black, Susan Kearl, W. Alexander Haig, Paul Olson, and Paul's sideburns.



Special thanks to Greg Jeffs, Matt Heder (yeah, Jon Heder A.K.A. Napoleon Dynamite's brother), Jessica Embley, Christian Pieper, and the others whose scenes were lost but which still remain in small part in the trailer and will hopefully be edited again, along with those whose names I forgot, and to everyone who laughed at what we intended them to laugh at and not just our acting.

1 comment:

  1. hey Paul - I'd love it if you would remove my name from this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete