Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reading

I said I was going to do this a while ago, and here it is. A blog.

I'm now studying at the University of Reading in Reading, England. The trip was pretty uneventful, but I did get to have a stop in Iceland where I only had time for the picture below.



After moving in, I took a few pictures around town, starting with the view from my room:



Then the main building of St. George's Hall (my building is a little behind it):



Later the new facility on campus whose name bothers many locals (must have been built by an American company or something):



I went to "town" (the center of the city) and saw a dude trying to make a buck:



A church that I'm told is over 1000 years old (but I really need to find out for sure...):



And a statue of Queen Victoria:



So far it has always been nice when I've gown to town center, but almost always raining or overcast when I've been on campus so pictures of that are still to come, along with pictures from Windsor Castle after I go on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. Paul, you should stop saying "town center" and start saying "city centre" it is the English way you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not here actually, because Reading is a "town", not a "city" they say--they all call it town centre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty awesome! I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So at first I put in paulolson.blogspot.com, and it took me about 10 seconds to realize it wasn't you. When I put in the right address it took even less time to determine it was correct. Thank you for the obvious title to your blog, Pavio!

    ReplyDelete